He made the comment at the the three-day All-Ukrainian Forum «Ukraine 30».
- I believe we've made significant progress in the fight against pipeline Nord Stream-2
- If this project is not implemented, it will be possible to return to discussions with the Russian side on the transfer of these points after the completion of the current [gas] transit contract, which will happen in 2024;
- I'm somewhat skeptical about the possibility of moving gas supply points to Ukraine's eastern border because of the tough position of Russia's gas monopoly Gazprom, which is doing utmost to prevent this
Today, Y. Vitrenko said:
- such initiatives are blocked by Russia's leadership;
- if the initiatives are implemented, demand for the Ukrainian gas transmission system will increase, while gas prices will slump.