The investments in new production facilities will amount to $284 million.
The project partners are the world's leading manufacturers of the equipment for the tyre manufacturing industry and the largest contractors in Kazakhstan.
There will be up to 2 000 persons engaged at the construction site of the factory during the peak period.
A teleconference was also held with the production site of the KAMA TYRES in Nizhnekamsk and employees of the future enterprise undergoing training at the tyre enterprises of TATNEFT.
About 500 professionals from Kazakhstan will undergo training and retraining by the time the factory starting production operations.
The new factory will employ over 1,100 persons in 2025.
The tyre manufacturing factory products will be supplied for the primary equipment of cars in Kazakhstan, which will increase the localization of related industries, provide import substitution, while the plans provide for about 40% of the product output to be exported.
PM of Kazakhstan A.Mamin said:
- Cooperation with Tatarstan occupies a special place in the strategic partnership between Kazakhstan and Russia
- I would like to express my special gratitude to President of Tatarstan for his continuous personal support of our interaction.
- We aim at further expansion of industrial cooperation
- Kazakhstan is one of the leading foreign partners of Tatarstan
- The cooperation of TATNEFT with Kazakhstan is one of the examples of successful joint efforts
- There are tyre projects, projects for geological exploration, development of oil fields, oilfield service projects being implemented; various fuels, as well as fiberglass products are delivered to your country
- There are many plans, our partnership is growing stronger
- We see common prospects in a variety of areas, including the development of oil & gas production and as well as that of the petrochemical industry
The parties signed in Kazakhstan the Basic Terms of cooperation of agreement on the Butadiene Project and the agreement of intent on the implementation of the Road Bitumen Production Project.
TATNEFT plans to implement the project for the production of butadiene rubbers together with KazMunayGas until 2025.
The facility capacity will be 186 000 tons of butadiene rubbers and 170 000 tonnes of isobutane.
The raw material for the factory will be butane produced by Tengizchevroil.
Finished products will be supplied to the KamaTyresKZ tyre manufacturing factory in the Karaganda region, as well as for export to European countries, Russia, China, Turkey and others.