Starting with 3 products focused on exploration and discovery, Studio X will immediately offer software tools, on-demand work, prize-winning challenges, mentorship opportunities, and more to energy innovators.
Xeek is the home for crowdsourcing revolutionary geoscience ideas. It unites data scientists and geoscientists from all over the world in a community dedicated to tackling complex problems with brilliant solutions.
XCover is a global talent network for virtual exploration projects. It matches specialized geoscience talent to a variety of rewarding exploration projects run from state-of-the-art virtual workstations, enabling cutomers to execute projects from anywhere in the world at any time.
SixLab is a no-strings attached incubator, powered by Shell, that provides exploration entrepreneurs with access to world-class mentorship, resources, and facilities to help shape the future of energy.
Mauhan Zonoozy, Acting GM of Studio X, said:
- Studio X brings tech advances at a challenging time for exploration and the global economy;
- The technology within will lead to better ways of working in the exploration field - increasing collaboration and ultimately improving outcomes;
- Studio X will fuel big ideas, connect a network of global talent with remote work opportunities, empower and guide entrepreneurs and startups, and crowdsource bold solutions to make the ideas of today into the industry-leading tools of tomorrow.
Studio X will break down silos, improve outcomes, and increase collaboration, using a flexible workforce.
Marc Gerrits, Shell’s executive VP of Global Exploration, said:
- Studio X was developed by Shell to reimagine the future of work in exploration;
- To meet increasing global energy demand, oil and gas will remain an element of the energy mix for decades to come;
- By harnessing efficiencies, embracing new technologies, and deploying digital capabilities, Studio X will be at the forefront as the exploration profession evolves.
In launching Studio X, Shell (or potentially 3rd-party project sponsors) offers real-world projects with data to an untapped worldwide network of scientists, entrepreneurs, and tech leaders - crowdsourcing ideas and nurturing companies to usher in a new chapter in exploration.