This was stated by the country's Foreign Minister Jeyhun Bayramov.
- Bulgaria is one of the 3 recipients of Azerbaijani gas in Europe
- We are sure that the connection with Greece will be completed soon and Bulgaria will start receiving Azerbaijani gas through it
- This will make a great contribution to the energy security of your country in this volatile time
After the meeting, Genchovska assured her Azerbaijani counterpart that diversification of energy supplies is a priority for the government and expressed hope that the connection with Greece would be completed soon so that Bulgaria could receive the entire amount of Azerbaijani gas through it.
- Russia's aggression has created a new geopolitical reality that threatens the security not only of the region but of Europe as a whole
- In this context, we rely on Azerbaijan's contribution to energy security, which will also strengthen European and Euro-Atlantic security
The small capacity allows for transporting only 250-300 million m3 of gas per annum, comprising a small portion of Bulgaria’s overall need for natural gas.