TATNEFT provided orders for factories in almost 20 cities of Russia: in Kazan, Bugulma, St. Petersburg, Ufa, Izhevsk, Volgograd, Yekaterinburg, Taganrog, etc. during the construction of new units.
95% of the equipment used was of domestic production.
The total investment in 3 new production facilities exceeded RUB 31 billion.
Nail Maganov, General Director of TATNEFT said:
- We are proud that we use the equipment from domestic manufacturers and continue to build up unique competencies for the country
- In the 21st year, the plans provide for launching 4 more new facilities:
- a gas fractionation unit
- a pilot industrial hydro-conversion unit
- a delayed coking
- an iso-dewaxing units for diesel fuel production
The catalytic cracking unit is capable of processing over 1 million tonnes of heavy oil feedstock annually into a high-octane component of EURO-6 motor gasoline grades.
The unit yielded products also include light gas oil (feedstock for EURO-6 diesel fuel) and liquefied hydrocarbon gases (propane-propylene and butane-butylene fractions).
The launch of the unit will increase the production of gasoline by 545 000 tonnes up to 1.6 million tonnes per year, as well as EURO-6 diesel fuel production by 200 000 tonnes per year up to 5 million 800 thousand tonnes per year.
The new hydrogen production unit, the 3rd in a row at TANECO, will provide hydrogen for the 2nd stage of the complex required for many production processes.
In particular, it’s the application thereof in the hydrotreating process increases the environmental friendliness characteristics and the total volume of fuel produced.
The launch of the new unit opens the opportunity for TANECO to maximize the existing capacities of the refinery and provide the potential for further expansion of the complex.
They have also started industrial production of lubricants at TANECO: motor, transmission, hydraulic and other oils bearing the TANECO and TATNEFT brands.
At present, the production capacity of the enterprise is 22 000 tonnes of lubricants, which can be increased to 60 000 tonnes per year.
President of Tatarstan said:
- We have launched 3 units costing RUB 31 billion today
- Those are huge investment projects that will significantly improve the economy of the Oil Refining Complex
- TANECO is a state-of-the-art world-class refinery that will ultimately process 15-16 million tonnes of oil per year with a refinery yield of 98%