In early September, the 1st groups of specialists from Egypt’s El-Dabaa NPP began training at the Rosatom’s Technical Academy.
Rosatom will train about 1 700 specialists in the framework of this programme by 2028.
The programme will take place at both Rosatom Technical Academy in Russia and the Nuclear Power Plant Training Centre in Egypt.
Mohamed Ramadan, General Supervisor of El-Dabaa NPP Project Management, said at the grand opening of the training programme:
- We are grateful to Rosatom for a unique and comprehensive proposal for the development of nuclear technologies in our country
- We understand that the training of highly qualified specialists for the operation of 4 units with internships at an operational reference NPP requires a lot of resources
- A step towards this cooperation was made more than 10 years ago, when the 1st group of Egyptian specialists came to study at Rosatom’s Technical Academy
- Today is a historic day for Egyptian students: they are connecting their lives with nuclear power, and for our part, we must do everything possible to help them achieve success
- This is a long-awaited event for us
- The great Russian commander, Alexander Suvorov, said that learning is light and ignorance is darkness
- Russia will become a 2nd home for Egyptian trainees and nuclear knowledge will bring light to your homes
An analytical simulator is also expected to be commissioned at the training site by the end of the year.