Y. Vitrenko stated:
- We went through the worst period, when there were really high risks of rolling blackouts.
- But it is already getting warmer, Khmelnytsky NPP power unit has come out of repair, we do not use gas blocks at TPPs and gas reserves in UGS facilities are record-breaking for this period
- There is a reserve for both electricity and gas
«Russia this year has reduced gas supplies through Ukraine to the European market by half, creating an artificial deficit there,» the minister said, stressing that this led to an increase in the price for the resource.
Vitrenko stressed that Ukraine has all the prerequisites so as not to feel a deficit of energy resources in the event of restrictions on their supplies by the Russian Federation as its response to the imposition of sanctions by Ukraine, in particular, against Russian companies and the decision to return the Ukrainian section of the Samara-Western Direction oil product pipeline to state ownership.
- We can safely go through the next wave of Russian aggression
- As for diesel fuel, there is no critical dependence on its supply through the pipe
- if diesel supplies are not sufficient from Russia and Belarus, Ukraine will buy it on the world market