- The future atmosphere of the countries, the type of cooperation and the events that take place in the diplomatic relations affect the issue of gas trade
H.Torbati said that the the gas contract with Turkey will last for a few more years.
Turkish gas trade environment has changed from the previous contract, meaning that their private sector is entering the gas distribution sector, which diminishes the role of their government, so Iran have to prepare its contract model for the future Turkish environment in accordance with the Turkish market.
NIGC CEO said:
- We may supply some of our gas on a short-term or seasonal basis, while the Turkish market does most of its purchases as a single shipment and does not pursue all of them in the form of long-term contracts
- We are also conducting studies to be ready for the future of Turkey and maintain or augment our share in the Turkish market whether through the government or through the private sector
He said that the issue of gas trade is affected by other political and international issues, and the future atmosphere of the countries, the type of cooperation and the events that take place in the diplomatic relations affect gas trade.
NIGC CEO stressed that gas trade with Turkmenistan is still on Iran's agenda:
- Iran´s policy is to have trade relations with Turkmenistan, and this has always been the case
- Iran's gas contract with Turkmenistan has been referred to an arbitration, which has reached conclusions and a ruling has been issued
- Although we have eliminated our internal dependence on Turkmenistan, we strongly seek to establish a gas trade with them, because it is in the interest of both Iran and Turkmenistan