The Head of the state made a number of personnel decisions in the oil & gas complex and outlined the priority areas of work in this area.
It is worth mentioning that Berdimuhamedov dismissed Myratgeldi Meredov from the post of Vice-Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers for serious shortcomings in his work.
Appointing S.Abdrakhmanov to the post of Vice-Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers and curator of the oil & gas complex, Berdimuhamedov dismissed him from the post of Rector of the Oil & Gas International University.
In order to improve the operation of the oil & gas complex, Berdimuhamedov instructed Abdrakhmanov, 1st of all:
- to introduce sector into production advanced technologies developed on the basis of the latest achievements of science and technology
- as well as attract foreign investments on mutually beneficial terms
- should practice new forms of cooperation with international companies in the field of prospecting, exploration and development of oil & gas fields
- should attract foreign investments for drilling new wells, producing hard-to-recover and residual oil reserves from old wells
- should expand the geography of the gas sales and gas chemical products
- study the logistical possibilities of entering new international markets
- to increase the pace of construction of the TAPI gas pipeline and complete it on time
Speaking about the Turkmenbashi complex of oil refineries, Berdimuhamedov indicated:
- necessity of studing new methods of managing the production of oil products
- to establish the rollout of new types of petrochemical products
- to expand the routes of their entry to international markets
- to accelerate the implementation of the developments of scientific research institutes in production, having mentioned that those departments should master the advanced experience and the latest achievements of world science in this direction
- In order to train highly qualified specialists, it is important to establish cooperation with leading and specialized scientific institutions of other countries