The partnership will focus on several cutting-edge technologies that could stimulate the growth required to reach net zero emission by 2050 in the UK.
The programme focuses on 4 key areas:
- green hydrogen
- long term energy storage
- sustainable aviation fuels
- direct air capture
During his speech at the Global Investment Summit B.Johnson said the UK is going through a period of «huge transformation».
He quipped this will lead to the UK becoming the «Klondike of carbon capture» and the «Qatar of hydrogen».
- We will only achieve our ambitious climate goals if we rapidly scale up new technologies in areas like green hydrogen and sustainable aviation fuels – technologies that seemed impossible just a few years ago.
- Ahead of COP26, this new partnership with Catalyst is a boost to the UK’s vision for a green industrial revolution
- It will help to bring innovative technologies to market globally, while building new skills and creating high-quality jobs across the UK
- Our partnership with the UK will accelerate the deployment of these critical climate solutions, helping to make them more affordable and accessible
- In order to achieve net-zero emissions, we need to reduce the costs of clean technologies so they can compete with and replace the high-emitting products we use today – I call this difference in price the Green Premium