The contract with TotalEnergies covers 4 projects over 25 years:
- the Ar-Ratawi oil field project, which currently produces 85,000 b/d, in order to pump a maximum of 210,000 b/d
- the Ar-Ratawi gas processing plant with a capacity of 600 MMcf/d to capture flared gas
- a sea-water treatment project that will process 7.5 million b/d of water
- the construction of a solar power plant with a total capacity of 1 GW
- The company will make an initial investment of $10 billion
- This is the largest investment in Iraq by a Western company
- Implementing these projects is the challenge we face now
In the 1970s, TotalEnergies brought the Buzurgan and Abu Ghirab fields on stream.
The company currently has a 22.5% interest in the Halfaya oil field producing approximately 20,000 barrels per day (TotalEnergies’ share) in 2020.