Russian Energy Minister Nikolay Shulginov said in an interview with business daily Kommersant, published today:
- We believe that in 2023-2024 production will amount to about 560 million tons
- Our task is to ensure the competitiveness of our resource on the global market, and not to chase only the production figure
At the end of 2020, oil and gas condensate output amounted to 512.8 million tons.
This year production is expected to grow to 522 million tons, Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak projects.
According to Shulginov:
- It is too early to talk about the end of the oil era, even taking into account the decarbonization trend
- Russia needs to continue to monetize its reserves
- In the future it makes sense to stabilize oil production levels