Full operational capacity is expected in the 1st half of 2022.
The new GTL plant is expected to help Uzbekistan reduce its hefty dependence on energy imports, mostly from Russia, and turn the country greener.
The financial model of the Uzbekistan GTL project, unique in the post-soviet space in terms of its technology and the 6th in the world, was developed with the participation of the ING Group (Netherlands/UK) and Russian Gazprombank.
Thanks to innovative technologies, the already processed gas will be used to produce import-substituting, in-demand and highly liquid and high value-added products.
The GTL complex will process:
- 3.6 billion m3 of natural gas per year
- to produce 1.5 million tons/year of eco-friendly synthetic fuels
- including such oil products as 307,000 tons of kerosene
- 724,000 tons of synthetic diesel fuel
- 437,000 tons of naphtha
- 53,000 tons of liquefied gas
- Projects for the construction of the plant and the expansion of the Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex are an important stage in the formation of a new industrial era in new Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan currently imports oil & gas products worth $1 billion
- The plant would refine gas worth $500 million into products valued at $1.5 billion from the Q1 of 2022
- It will reach full capacity by the end of 2022
- The world is actively moving towards a green economy and the new plant fully meets this trend
Construction of this plant has employed over 13 000 people.
The plant start-up will create about a thousand permanent jobs.