Conditional credit allows us not only to count on a preferential interest rate, but also to once again confirm the common tendency of both our flagship project Akkuyu, and Rosatom to choose sustainable solutions and ways to accomplish our tasks
- Each sustainable loan proves that the financial market sees nuclear energy not only as a reliable borrower, but as the industry that creates conditions for economic growth under a sustainable, low-carbon scenario
- We are glad of the bank's decision to support our low-carbon energy project in Turkey, the more so since the credit line was approved provided that we comply with the conditions that reflect our commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals as well as the goals of the Paris Agreement
- We believe that our strategic partnership with Otkritie Bank will further extend to other Rosatom projects and facilitate their timely implementation
- We are pleased to participate in Rosatom’s largest foreign project as one of the main financing banks
- Our deal with Akkuyu Nuclear is especially important for the bank, since it uses a mechanism that encourages the client's full compliance with their environmental obligations in line with current international practices
In particular, Akkuyu Nuclear has undertaken to monitor environmental and ecological conditions and to submit a corresponding annual report in accordance with the Turkish law.
The covenants fulfilment ensures a lower credit rate for the borrower.