He made the remarks after his meeting with the Russia Deputy Prime Alexander Novak and Energy Minister Nikolai Shulginov in Russia on December 21.
B. Zanganeh stated:
- we discussed the issues related to stabilizing the global oil market in the meeting;
- Russia has played a decisive role in stabilizing the global oil market over the years,
- we talked with each other in the framework of OPEC Plus, given the serious cooperation in OPEC;
- our views in this area were close to each other;
- mentioning that the OPEC+ meeting will be held on January 4, a meeting in this regard will be held in February as well;
- both countries stressed the importance of doing so to maintain the stability of the global oil market and future prospects in this area;
- сooperation between the 2 countries in the field of energy is expanding day by day.
- In the current situation, given the imposition of US sanctions on Iran and Russia, strengthening the convergence and cooperation of the 2 countries is very important and effective.
- Russia certainly wants more convergence with Iran in all fields, especially in the field of oil and energy;
- in recent years, consultations between OPEC members and the OPEC+ coalition have been effective, and Russia has sought to play a constructive role;
- Iran and Russia have always had close and growing cooperation in the field of oil and energy, and this cooperation will continue.