- This [Iranian calendar] year (ends on March 21), the development of the large gas field will be nearly completed, we will not have any work left except for phase 11 in the offshore sector and the refinery of phase 14 in the onshore sector; which will be operational early next year
- The 1st train of the South Pars phase 14 Refinery is going to go operational early next Iranian calendar year (Solar Hijra - begins on March 21), after which every 3 months another train will be inaugurated, and by the end of the next Solar Hijra (March 20, 2022) this refinery will be fully operational.
- In the beginning, only 33 % of the required equipment in this field was produced in Iran, but today 75 % of the necessary equipment has been indigenized
Initially, the first 2 projects of the field, namely phase 2 and 3 and phase 4 and 5, were carried out with the participation of France’s Total and Italy’s Eni, but after that, the remaining phases were developed by Iranian companies, he explained.
The POGC Head further mentioned the construction of the platforms for the development of the mentioned field, saying:
- at the beginning of the work we built 5 offshore platforms abroad, but after that, we designed and built the remaining 35 platforms entirely inside the country.
- In the fields of drilling, platform building, pipeline construction, and onshore refineries, which are our 4 main sectors in extracting gas from South Pars field, all equipment and machinery have become indigenized and the operators are also domestic companies