The agreement envisions a partnership to construct a 128 MW wind farm in the Son La Province in north-western Vietnam.
The document was signed by An Xuan Energy CEO Nguyen Quang Luan and NovaWind CEO Grigoriy Nazarov.
- We have gained extensive expertise as a wind power project developer in Russia and are ready to deploy our competencies on the international scale
- Rosatom is already implementing a number of projects in Vietnam in the field of energy & science, and now these areas of cooperation are expanding
- Wind power projects will both contribute to energy security and industrial development of the region and accelerate country’s transition to a sustainable energy mix
- We are very excited about signing a cooperation agreement with NovaWind
- It will bring economic and social benefits to the energy system of Vietnam
NovaWind is Rosatom’s wind power division established in September 2017.
As of today, NovaWind has commissioned 720 MW of wind power capacity.
By 2027, Rosatom will put a total of about 1.7 GW of wind capacity in operation.