Of the total amount of transported gas, over 6.8 billion m3 reached Italy and approximately 1.2 billion m3 were delivered to Greece and Bulgaria.
Earlier, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in his interview stated that about 19 billion cubic meters of Azerbaijani gas will be exported in 2022.
Of this volume:
- more than 8 billion cubic meters will be exported to Turkey
- more than 7 billion cubic meters to Italy
- the remaining gas will be divided between Georgia, Bulgaria and Greece
- In general, Azerbaijan is expected to produce 45 billion m3 of gas
- As I mentioned, 19 billion will go to exports and the rest will be spent on re-injection into the oil fields to maintain domestic demand and reservoir pressure
The pipeline is supplied by natural gas from the 2nd stage of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz gas field development in the Azerbaijani section of the Caspian Sea through the South Caucasus Pipeline and the Trans-Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP).
The Southern Gas Corridor is an initiative of the European Commission for a natural gas supply route from Caspian and Middle Eastern regions to Europe.
The route from Azerbaijan to Europe consists of the South Caucasus Pipeline, TANAP and TAP.