Along the entire route, 98 trenchless crossings will be made under terrain obstacles.
The gas pipeline, with a total length of approximately 191 km, has been divided into 2 execution stages:
- the circa 122 km long Goleniów-Ciecierzyce section
- the circa 69 km of Ciecierzyce-Lwówek
Already 75 km of pipes have been welded and 43 km of the pipeline has been laid in the trench.
At the 2nd stage of the Goleniów-Lwówek gas pipeline construction, the site has been prepared and over 59% of pipes have been strung.
Welding works are being carried out and 27 km of the gas pipeline has already been assembled.
Iwona Dominiak, GAZ-SYSTEM spokesperson, said:
- Modern trenchless methods are already a fixture in our company onshore projects
- Goleniów-Lwówek pipeline includes almost 100 trenchless crossings under terrain obstacles
- Installation works will be completed by the end of Q1 next year and then we will proceed with technical testing, gas filling and acceptance so that gas can start flowing through the pipeline in October 2022
Saipem’s pipelay vessel Castorone began laying the offshore gas pipeline at the end of June at a site close to the island of Bornholm, Denmark.