The buyer of the anniversary LNG cargo was the Japanese company Tokyo Gas which in 2009 together with another company − Tokyo Electric purchased the 1st LNG cargo fr om the Prigorodnoye asset where the Sakhalin-2 project LNG plant is located.
Japan is one of the key buyers of the Sakhalin LNG.
Based on data as of the end of 2020:
- The largest volume of LNG was shipped to Japan from the Prigorodnoye port − 51.6%
- The 2nd place − Taiwan (17.4%)
- The 3rd − South Korea (16.3%)
- The 4th − China (14.1%)
LNG is transported by specialised ice-class LNG carriers chartered on a long-term basis.
One standard LNG cargo is 65 000 tonnes.
- This result unprecedented in the history of Russian LNG production has been achieved due to a long-term uninterrupted operation of the entire gas chain of the Sakhalin-2 project and well-coordinated efforts of the international team of professionals
- Under the influence of external unfavourable factors during the pandemic Sakhalin Energy had to completely restructure the staff management activities in the company in the shortest time possible while simultaneously interfacing with the supervisory authorities
- Sakhalin Energy successfully completed all planned activities and even expanded the geography of supplies − for the 1st time in 2020, the Sakhalin LNG cargo was delivered to Singapore
Marat Rezyapov, the company’s Offshore Assets Manager, noted:
- In 2021, the PA-B platform will be the 1st to implement those activities among the Sakhalin-2 production assets
- Directly after their completion, the company will proceed with the scheduled shutdown of the facilities in the integrated gas chain, the LUN-A platform being one of them
- The operation of PA-B, a platform that produces oil, will then be resumed
- Such a sequence is among the optimal ones in terms of maintaining the project's uninterrupted operations
The PA-B platform is located approx. 12 km offshore north-eastern Sakhalin, in 32-mdeep sea.
At the platform, it is intended to perform an annual purging of the hydrocarbon multiphase flow separation vessels, a repair of the produced water filters, maintenance of 2 gas compressors, including a gearbox inspection at one of them, and a number of other maintenance tasks.