The system runs on both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud platforms.
- GeoSoftware 11.0 is a milestone achievement, integrating all of GeoSoftware’s industry-trusted solutions, including Jason, HampsonRussell, PowerLog, RockSI, InsightEarth, and VelPro, so that they can now work together on a single platform
- This advanced integration features flexible cross-product workflows to improve E&P project performance and provide a better understanding of reservoir properties
- Cloud elasticity, the ability to scale access to cloud compute resources, allows geoscientists to unleash the full power of cloud computing to explore more scenarios with increased model complexity and generate tens to hundreds of geostatistical inversion realizations concurrently
- Enhanced machine learning capabilities in version 11.0 include WellGen, a new HampsonRussell application, that facilitates deep learning workflows linking geological and geophysical interpretations for more accurate reservoir property estimates in complex reservoirs
- Improved automation and analytics in PowerLog significantly reduce log editing time so that petrophysicists can focus on interpretation
HampsonRussell GPU processing speeds up run time, reduces cycle time and enables geoscientists to work with larger, more detailed models.
The company further said that HampsonRussell automated multi-well correlation allowed for fast well-ties and QC analysis for hundreds of wells, saving time in projects with large well data sets.
Kamal al-Yahya, Senior VP of GeoSoftware & Smart Data Solutions, said:
- GeoSoftware 11.0 is the culmination of 5 years of intense software development to deliver an integrated GeoSoftware platform linking geophysics, geology, and petrophysics for optimum workflows that drive greater reservoir understanding
- With our continued investment in technology, we are delivering more benefits from our digitalization roadmap that help elevate subsurface knowledge and increase the E&P success of our clients