The alliance will provide operators with advanced insight to determine their reservoir potential for oil and gas production or carbon storage.
Trey Clark, vice president of Wireline and Perforating, said:
- We are excited to transform vertical seismic profiling to a full-field, digital, and intervention-less surveillance solution
- Through our collaboration with TGS, we can now enable real-time monitoring of production across an entire field, allowing our customers to make better decisions and increase ultimate recovery
Jan Schoolmeesters, executive vice president of TGS operations and new energy solutions, said:
- This solution enables enhanced reservoir understanding for our customers with a lower total cost of ownership relative to conventional 4D seismic
- We’ve leveraged the competencies and know-how of both organizations to drive the change our industry needs for proactive reservoir management
- For TGS, this collaboration meets our strategic initiatives to increase our focus on technology and mature basins, capture more repeatable business, and offer customers cost efficient new energy solutions like carbon storage monitoring