The president promised assistance with resolving red-tape and excessive bureaucracy problems to the company's management.
- There is plenty of bureaucracy and foot-dragging, but we will resolve the problem
- Just the way we did once with regard to refueling stations
- Not a single matter is accomplished in Belarus without you
- If Belorusneft cannot build a refueling station somewhere, then feel free to initial the document, I will sign it and we will give it to some other company
- According to my data, Belorusneft accounts for about 70% of the market [sales of oil products] in Belarus
- I will always support it as long as I am the president
- When Russia stopped supplying the necessary volumes of oil to us
- Someone hoped we would have a shortage of oil products
- Then we processed all the oil we'd extracted for domestic needs and people didn't notice any shortages
- There wasn't one, thanks to our company
The president noted:
- This is why I made the right decision in the past, excuse me for immodesty, I forbade any privatization of Belorusneft
- It is a state enterprise, which is supposed to provide our population with all the necessary oil products
- There is no Belarus today without oil products
- We evaluate the markets to see what sells better – oil, oil products - and then there are deliveries from Russia
- We fully satisfy our domestic needs
The company´s geologists have started large-scale seismic exploration in the southern structural zone of the Pripyat trough.
This direction is considered one of the main ones in the strategy of oil exploration for the next 5 years.
During this period, field seismic surveys are planned to be carried out on an area of about 3,000 sq. km.