Lukashenko suggested deepening Belarus-Azerbaijan cooperation in the oil industry.
During the meeting the Belarusian Head of state thanked his Azerbaijani counterpart for supporting Belarus in the delivery of crude hydrocarbons.
- Probably, we need to mull over the enhancement of cooperation in this field
- Of course, this is a very delicate and sensitive issue, for Belarus is in the midst of economic and political events.
- However, there are no unmanageable issues
There is a close political relationship, a high level of trust between our countries and we are focused on the result
- Despite the pandemic last year, our turnover has increased, and so have exports from Azerbaijan to Belarus
- Therefore, today we will discuss in more detail the issues related to industrial cooperation
- In other words, our relations are far from any problems
Apart from that, a MoU was signed remotely by the Belarusian state petrochemical concern Belneftekhim and the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR).
Belarus plans to purchase 1 million tons of oil in Azerbaijan in 2021, which is 25% more than in 2020.
The trade turnover between Belarus and Azerbaijan approached half a billion dollars.