- the Southern Gas Corridor has been fully commissioned.
- Its last segment, TAP, has been commissioned.
- For the first time in history, Azerbaijani gas is already in Europe.
- This is our historic achievement.
- Azerbaijani gas also has reached Italy through the Trans Adriatic Gas Pipeline (TAP), Turkish Foreign Ministry announced on Twitter.
- TAP is now in service and Azerbaijan gas has reached Italy. Southern Gas Corridor has become operational.
Greece also started receiving Azerbaijani gas through the TAP, Greece's state-controlled gas utility DEPA announced.
The CEO of DEPA, Konstantinos Xifaras noted:
- the start of supplies via TAP pipeline is a milestone for DEPA.
- It is the culmination of our company's efforts of more than 7 years to get access to the Caspian gas in Greece, getting a new source of supply at particularly competitive prices.
- With the new gas from TAP, DEPA will further improve its commercial position in the Greek market.
Embassy of the U.S. in Azerbaijan expressed congratulations to the country on the historic completion of the Southern Gas Corridor:
- The US has consistently championed Azerbaijan's contributions to euro energy security.