The 1st gas at Barracuda was reached on July 18, 2021.
This is a backfill project with about 25,000 boe/d of sustained near-term gas production.
Peak production is expected to be about 40,000 boe/d.
It is Shell’s 1st greenfield project in the country and one of its largest in Trinidad and Tobago since the BG Group acquisition.
Maarten Wetselaar, Shell´s Director of Integrated Gas, Renewable & Energy Solutions, said:
- Today’s announcement strengthens the resilience and competitiveness of Shell’s position in Trinidad and Tobago
- This is a key growth opportunity that supports our long-term strategy in the country as well as our global LNG growth ambitions
- one in the Endeavour field, which was drilled to a depth of 6,096 m
- the other in the Bounty field, which was drilled to a depth of 4,877 m
- Both are tied back to Shell’s Dolphin platform
Located in Trinidad and Tobago’s Block 22 and North Coast Marine Area 4, Colibri is a 4-well joint venture that Shell is developing with Heritage Petroleum.