This includes Shell’s OMEGA process for the production of mono-ethylene glycol, as well as distillate hydrotreating process for the catalytic removal of sulfur and/or nitrogen and/or hydrogenation of aromatics from diesel fractions of certain crude oils.
Gurminder Singh, Technology Director of Shell catalyst & technologies said:
- We are grateful that PT Pertamina Rosneft has selected Shell catalyst & technologies for their major grassroots refinery and petrochemical complex, which is a testament to the technology offerings of Shell catalyst & technologies and our owner-operator experience enabling PT PRPP to achieve a high return on investment
- a petrochemical complex equipped to produce more than 1 million tpy of ethylene
- 1.3 million tpy of aromatic hydrocarbons
- 650 000 tpy of polyethylene
Carlos Mondolfi, Project Director of PT Pertamina Rosneft noted:
- Our comprehensive agreement with Shell catalyst & technologies will provide us with the technology and engineering needed in order for the integrated refinery and petrochemical complex to be one of the most competitive in the Asia-Pacific Region
The shareholders of the company are PT Kilang Pertamina Internasional as representative of the interests of PT Pertamina and Rosneft Singapore Pte. Ltd as a representative of the interests of Rosneft.