USD 77.3649


EUR 87.5925




AI-92 47.5


AI-95 51.92


AI-98 59.95


Diesel 55.47



Pertamina signs joint venture deal with Rosneft for new Tuban refinery in Indonesia

Pertamina and Rosneft agreed to form a JV to build an oil refinery in East Java.

Pertamina signs joint venture deal with Rosneft for new Tuban refinery in Indonesia

Indonesian state-owned energy company Pertamina and Rosneft on November 28, 2017, agreed to form a joint venture company that will build and operate a oil refinery and petrochemical complex in East Java, Indonesia.

Rosneft views the agreement as a launching pad for expanding its footprint as a reliable partner in oil and gas production as well as refining throughout the Asia-Pacific region.

«The geographical location of Indonesia, at a crossroad between 2 oceans, the Pacific and Indian, opens…the way for turning [the country] into a global transportation and energy hub which could become a critical point for global economic growth,» said Rosneft´´s CEO Igor Sechin.

The new joint venture will invest $15 billion to build a new refinery and petrochemical plant in Tuban in East Java, with a production capacity of 300,000 barrels per day.

Through the agreement, it was established that Pertamina will have the controlling stake of 55 % while Rosneft will hold the remaining 45 %.

The company will start the construction of the project in 2020, with completion expected in 2024.

Indonesia is the region’s largest gasoline and gasoil importer. The country has been notorious for planning a spate of refining projects over the last 2 decades with no result. Indonesia last built a new refinery in 1994.

To read the news in Russian.

Source : Neftegaz.RU

Follow us on Google News
Advertising at

Subscribe to our newsletter

of the best materials Neftegaz.RU

* Incorrect E-Mail Address

By clicking the "Subscribe" button I accept the "Agreement on the processing of personal data"

Advertising at