Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant is the largest nuclear power station in India.
The developer - the technical customer of the facility - is Nuclear Power Corporation of India.
The general designer and supplier of equipment is Russia´s ASE EC.
Andrey Lebedev, ASE Vice-President for Projects in India and Prospective Projects pointed out:
- The 1st 2 NPP power units are demonstrating the sustainable operation at the nominal power level
- The power units of the 2nd stage are being constructed, namely the works are underway at Unit 3 to prepare for installation of the reactor pressure vessel
- In June of this year, the 1st concrete was laid at the power unit № 5, and on December 20, the 1st concreting was launched at the power unit № 6
- The 3rd stage of the Kudankulam NPP relating to the main construction period will provide additional power capacity to ensure the industrial and commercial development of businesses in India
- Moreover, it will promote more confidence in our friendly countries’ prospects to expand peaceful nuclear cooperation by using the most advanced projects of high-capacity nuclear power units of the Russian design