The plant is essential for the development of Armenia´s power system and its social and economic life.
Alexey Likhachev, Rosatom Director General, visited the Armenian NPP on the occasion of Unit 2 modernization and life extension completion.
He took part in the award ceremony held to honor the NPP best employees and the ceremony of planting trees of ROSATOM alley on the ANPP site.
Gnel Sanosyan, Armenian Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructures, Movses Vardanyan, Director of the Armenian NPP, and Artur Grigoryan, the ANPP Chief Engineer represented Haykakan Atomayin Elektrakayan.
- I am proud of our participation in the project that helped make the Armenian NPP safer and more efficient
- Together, as a team of professionals, including specialists of the Armenian NPP, repair companies, research institutes, Armenian and Russian engineering and design organizations, as well as manufacturers of NPP equipment, we did a tremendous amount of work replacing and modernizing the equipment
- Due to the completed set of the project activities, Unit 2 of the NPP now meets the most recent international requirements, the plant will continue supplying electricity to the citizens of Armenia
Gnel Sanosyan said:
- The Armenian NPP plays a decisive role for the national energy security and independence
- It would be no exaggeration to highlight this large-scale project among the most important ones in Armenia
- We will not stop at this point but rather set new goals of extending the ANPP operation life for another 10 years after 2026 and further developing the industry by constructing a new NPP