Under the agreement, CUSA will supply Hokkaido Gas with about a half million tons of LNG over a period of 5 years starting April 2022.
John Kuehn, President of Chevron Global Gas, said:
- We are delighted to design and execute a Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA) with our new partner Hokkaido Gas that will bring Chevron LNG directly to Hokkaido, a key growth area
- It broadens our customer base in Japan, a market that is foundational to our LNG business
- This new SPA represents Chevron’s commitment to collaborate with Hokkaido Gas in diversifying energy solutions and advancing a lower carbon future in the Hokkaido area
Hokkaido Gas is an integrated energy company located in Sapporo, Japan which provides city gas, electricity and other high value-added energy services in Hokkaido region.
Chevron has 4 major capital LNG projects.
- the Angola LNG project is one of the largest energy projects on the African continent and the 1st in the country
- the Wheatstone project, the Australia’s 1st LNG hub
- the Gorgon project, is one of the world's largest LNG projects, which is also based in Australia