Chairman of the company Sanzhar Zharkeshov said:
- In 2024 the country’s gas sector may face a crisis
- 1st, we forecast gas shortage in 2024
- Domestic market demand will surpass the available gas reserves by 1.7 bln m3
- We need to launch prompt actions, otherwise, gas export will be stopped in 2023
2ndly, financial sustainability of the national gas operator is expected to deteriorate in 2022.
In 2021, QazaqGas managed to compensate for 162 bln tenge of domestic market losses due to transportation and export revenues.
- However, in 2022, gross profit will decrease to 62 bln tenge since the domestic market losses are expected to reach 176 bln tenge, and incomes will fall due to exports reduction
- We need to launch urgent measures
- From 2022 to 2030 commercial gas reserve base should be expanded
- By 2022 the available reserves made 25.6 bln m3 including 1.7 bln m3 produced by TCO which should be shifted to the domestic market
Up to 200 mln m3 of gas will be produced at Urikhtau, Pridorozhnoye, Rozhkovskoye and other gas deposits beginning from 2023.
Due to this, gas output is expected to increase to 1.7 bln m3 by 2027.
Kashagan Gas Processing Plant with the capacity of 1 bln m3, is expected to produce 0.7 bln m3 from 2024.