The decision also determined an interim goal of reducing emissions by 27% by 2030.
The national targets included:
- a 96% reduction in carbon emissions from transport
- an 85% reduction from the electricity sector
- a 92% reduction in the municipal waste sector
- The climate crisis is a dramatic threat to humanity
- We must act now if we want to continue to thrive as a developed country and competitive economy
- We have managed to improve the existing targets for 2030 and commit to a reduction of 30 million tons of gas compared to the previous target, adding an ambitious target for 2050 to achieve 85% emissions reduction
- True, there is criticism of the modest goals
The United States has committed to a reduction of 50% by 2030 and 100% by 2050.
The EU has also set a goal of at least 55% reduction by 2030 and 100% by 2050.