Moscow, October 27 - Neftegaz.RU. Oil and gas company Energean has confirmed that the first gas has been delivered at its operated Karish field, located offshore Israel.
- First gas has been achieved on the Karish project.
- Gas is being produced from the Karish Main-02 well and the flow of gas is being steadily ramped up.
- Preparation for transmission through the gas sales pipeline is progressing and gas sales to Energean’s customers are expected to commence in the next couple of days.
- Karish Main-01 and Karish Main-03 wells are expected to be opened up in approximately two and four weeks, respectively
The Energean Power FPSO and the sales gas pipeline have an ultimate capacity of 8 bcm/yr.
The initial capacity is up to 6.5 bcm/yr, and commercial gas sales are expected to reach this level approximately four to six months following first gas.
Energean’s growth projects – the Karish North development, the second oil train and the second export riser – are on track for completion in late 2023, following which Energean will be able to produce to the full 8 bcm/yr capacity of its infrastructure.
Mathios Rigas, Chief Executive Officer of Energean, commented:
- I am delighted to confirm that Energean has reached first gas at the Karish field, offshore Israel.
- We have delivered a landmark project that brings competition to the Israeli gas market, enhances security of energy supply in the East Med region and brings affordable and clean energy that will displace coal-fired power generation, making a material impact to the environment.
- We are committed to reach our medium-term targets of 200 kboed production and $1.75 billion of annualised EBITDAX and the delivery of the Karish project is a major milestone towards this goal. We are now focused on ramping up production and delivering the full 8 bcm capacity through our expansion project to the Energean Power FPSO.