The commissioning date for the last wind power plant is scheduled for December 2022.
As part of the deal, Gazprombank will provide VetroSGC-2 with financing in the amount of RUB 40 billion for a period of 12 years.
Gazprombank also gained a 49.5% share in the capital of the project company VetroSGC-2. The controlling stake in VetroSGC-2 remains in the ownership of ROSATOM entities.
Kirill Komarov, Rosatom 1st Deputy Director General said:
- Commitment to sustainable development is in line with global trends and is enshrined in Rosatom's strategy.
- We strive to maximize the green, sustainable component of our product portfolio.
- We certainly consider both wind generation & atomic power to be such green activities due to the minimal emissions of greenhouse gases
- We hope that various forms of green financing will become a regular practice for Rosatom
- We are pleased to announce the conclusion of the 2nd joint wind power deal, which is in line with the Bank's ESG strategy
- Successful experience in the VetroSGC project made it possible to arrange financing of the VetroSGC-2 project in the shortest possible time
- Together with the VetroSGC project, the total Rosatom green capacity financed by the Bank reached 1 GW to a value of over RUB 100 billion
In total, until 2024, Rosatom will commission wind power plants with a total capacity of approximately 1.2 GW.