Both grades were specially formulated to be used at construction areas with high road traffic intensity in Swiss highland and mountain areas, where anti-rutting, anti-cracking as well as waterproofing and low-temperature resistance properties are highly required.
New Alfabit grades:
- have enhanced performance properties such as higher elastic recovery value (30 % higher values in elastic recovery tests than classic PMB grades);
- expanded plasticity range to ensure resistance of the road coating to wide temperature oscillation;
- show improved values at softening point ring and ball test used as indicator for product consistency at elevated service temperature;
- due to advanced components also:
- ensure stronger traction between bitumen and aggregates which is of special importance for road construction in regions with high precipitation;
- will contribute to asphalt pavement damage prevention.
For instance, Alfabit grades similar to those developed by Rosneft Deutschland are being used in construction projects of highways in Ural mountains belt region in Russia, with comparable terrain, climate and road intensity conditions to those found in Switzerland.
Alfabit is a series of innovative PMBs created by a Russian-German team of experts and launched in Russia in 2008.
A distinctive feature of Alfabit is its high elasticity and wear resistance.
Asphalt mixtures with addition of Alfabit PMB significantly increase the service life of pavement and extend inter-repair operation time.