The minister also named the sectors that need most investments, they are:
- electricity and thermal energy - $305 billion
- transport - $167 billion
- mining and manufacturing - $65 billion
- housing and public utilities - $57 billion
- agriculture - $49 billion
- Decarbonization of Kazakhstan’s economy will lead to fundamental changes in its fuel and energy complex
Industrial sector is forecast to consume 65% of all energy sources in Kazakhstan by 2060.
Energy consumption of buildings and transport will drop to 23% and 9%, accordingly.
Brekeshev added that agriculture will eventually become the biggest source of greenhouse gases.
Greenhouse gas emissions are forecast to total about 42 million tons.
Industrial sector will be the 2nd largest source of greenhouse gases with forecasted volume of 21 million tons.
Ranked 3rd is the oil & gas sector with 6 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions.