USD 93.7196


EUR 100.6793


Brent 90.83


Natural gas 1.76



CNOOC starts up 8 project off China in 2020

CNOOC starts up 8 project off China in 2020

Beijing, November 3 - Neftegaz.RU. Chinese oil & gas company CNOOC has started production from the Liuhua 29-1 gas field in the South China Sea. The Liuhua 29-1 gas field is located in the eastern South China Sea, 86 km northeast of Liwan 3-1 gas field in a water depth of about 640 to 785 metres.

CNOOC said on Monday that a new subsea wellhead has been built, with 7 development wells planned in total. The gas field will fully utilise the existing production facilities of Liuhua 34-2 gas field and Liwan 3-1 gas field. It is expected to reach peak production of around 62 million cubic feet of natural gas per day in 2022.

CNOOC has a 25 % working interest in Liuhua 29-1 gas field and acts as the operator in shallow water, while Husky Oil holds the remaining 75 % working interest and is the operator in deep water.

It is worth reminding that CNOOC has been busy this year with several new projects coming online during the period. In January, CNOOC said that ten new projects were expected to come on stream in 2020. Eight of them were located offshore China.

By September, the company launched the Luda 21-2/16-3 project, Penglai 19-3/Penglai 19-9, Qinhuangdao 33-1 South oil field phase I, and the Nanbao 35-2 oil filed S1 area were brought online.

In the past 2 months, CNOOC launched the Liuhua 16-2/20-2 joint development project, the Jinzhou 25-1 oil field 6/11 area project, and the Bozhong 19-6 gas field pilot area development project.

The only 2 projects, not offshore China, are the Liza oil field Phase 1 in Guyana and Buzzard oil field Phase II in the UK. With the Liuhua 29-1 gas field now online, CNOOC has launched all of its projects planned for 2020 offshore China.

Follow us on Google News
Advertising at

Subscribe to our newsletter

of the best materials Neftegaz.RU

* Incorrect E-Mail Address

By clicking the "Subscribe" button I accept the "Agreement on the processing of personal data"

Advertising at