Speaking prior to his meeting with Minister of Energy of Azerbaijan, Zanganeh said:
- relations between Iran and Azerbaijan are at an excellent level
- thanked Azerbaijan for its position and active presence in OPEC+
- appreciated the export of Iranian gas to Nakhchivan
- There are friendly and close relations between Iran and Azerbaijan
- Presidents of the 2 countries have held numerous meetings over the past 7 years
- as the OPEC+ coalition, we were able to resolve the crisis facing the oil market in April 2020
- Azerbaijan needs gas for power generation and I hope we can use Iranian gas
“The OPEC Plus mechanism is a good tool for amending the oil market in the current situation, but for it to be more effective, this coalition must be developed. It is true that we are taking action, but the crisis remains,” Shahbazov stressed.
During the period from 2003 to 2018, Azerbaijan-Iran relations in the course of their development went through several stages, in each of which bilateral relations have experienced ups and downs. However, since 2013, a new page has been opened in interstate relations.