USD 53.3234

0

EUR 55.964

0

BRENT 113.19

0

AI-92 46.25

0

AI-95 50.37

-0.01

AI-98 59.33

-0.08

Diesel 54.48

-0.02

644

Polish PGNiG to cooperate with Pakistan's Mari Petroleum on upstream projects

PGNiG signed a Mou forging a strategic partnership with the 2nd largest gas producer in Pakistan.

Polish PGNiG to cooperate with Pakistan's Mari Petroleum on upstream projects


Warsaw, 20 March - Neftegaz.RU. Polish PGNiG signed a MoU forging a strategic partnership with the 2nd largest gas producer in Pakistan. The MOU provides for the parties’ cooperation in the upstream segment within and outside of Pakistan.

The MOU envisages in-depth analysis of potential joint ventures in exploration and production, including appraisal and development of Pakistani shale gas potential.

«This marks another step towards expanding our operations in Pakistan, where we aim to ramp up natural gas production. Our collaborative partnership with Mari Petroleum will raise our visibility in the local market, helping us gain access to attractive projects,» said Piotr Woźniak, CEO of PGNiG. «We have already established business relations with Pakistan Petroleum. A partnership with another Pakistani company will strengthen our presence in that country,» he added.

MPCL is one of the major petroleum exploration and production companies in Pakistan and the country’s 2nd largest gas producer, with a 17% market share. The company operates Mari, Pakistan’s largest gas field located in the Sindh province. The province is also home to PGNiG’s Kirthar production licence area.

PGNiG produces natural gas from 2 fields in Pakistan – Rehman and Rizq. The latter was discovered in 2015 by the Rizq-1 well, which was brought on stream in November 2016. In February 2018, the Rizq-2 well came on stream. With output from that well, total production from PGNiG’s Pakistani fields will reach 1 mcm of natural gas per day (approximately 850,000 m3 of high-methane equivalent).

The Polish company holds a 70% interest in the Kirthar licence, with the other 30% held by Pakistan Petroleum. PGNiG’s share in production from the Rehman and Rizq fields, carried out through 5 wells in 2017, amounted to 150 mcm of gas (measured as high-methane equivalent).

Source : Neftegaz.RU


Follow us on Google News
Advertising at neftegaz.ru

Subscribe to our newsletter

of the best materials Neftegaz.RU

* Incorrect E-Mail Address

By clicking the "Subscribe" button I accept the "Agreement on the processing of personal data"


Advertising at neftegaz.ru