The complex will become Russia's largest polypropylene production facility integrated with a refinery.
The new facility will produce polypropylene out of the propylene generated at the two catalytic cracking units with aggregated annual production capacity of 4 million tonnes, which are currently being modernized.
The complex is set to produce about 500 000 tonnes of modern types of polypropylene that will be further processed at other industrial facilities.
Governor of the Nizhny Novgorod region said:
- This project will result in creation of Russia’s largest polypropylene facility located at a petrochemical plant
- For our region, it means new jobs and additional tax revenue
- This year we celebrate 2 joyful dates: the 800th anniversary of Nizhny Novgorod and the 30th – of LUKOIL
- It is amazing that we launch such a great endeavour in such a special year
In 2016, LUKOIL finished the main modernization programme at its refineries, having invested over $10 billion into it.
Today, Yury Borisov, Gleb Nikitin and Vagit Alekperov also took part in the ceremony of commissioning of a polymer-bitumen binders production unit at the Nizhny Novgorod refinery.
LUKOIL´s President noted:
- We expect Russian motorway infrastructure and the industry in general will benefit from commissioning of the new bitumen production facility, as well as from the continuous work conducted in our Research Center
Author: Anna Ignatjeva