This will add to the expansion of the company’s jet fuel range.
The company is investing RUB 700 billion in the modernisation of the Omsk and Moscow refineries as part of a major programme lasting until 2025.
Omsk Oil Refinery previously produced TS-1 aviation kerosene for the Russian market.
The new program will allow the refinery to produce up to 300 000 tons of the new aviation fuel annually for the international market.
The 1st batch of Gazprom Neft-produced JET A-1 has been already delivered to airports in Asia.
Mikhail Antonov, Head of Oil & Gas Refining Directorate of Gazprom Neft said:
- Thanks to the implementation of the program for the modernization and development of the Omsk Oil Refinery, we have increased the production of light oil products and expanded the resource base necessary for the production of new products in demand in the market
- The 1st deliveries of JET A-1 fuel have already been made to countries across the Asian region
In the future we plan to deliver our new aviation fuel to European airports as well
- Based on IATA data, we see potential for the recovery of the global aviation fuel market in the midterm
- We hope that expanding the range of high-quality aviation fuel will allow the company to enter new markets and refuel airlines beyond the Russian market with our own product This will enable us to increase the total volume of sales and attract new carriers to work with us
- Business development at airports in Europe and Asia is in line with the Gazpromneft-Aero’s strategic priorities
Gazpromneft-Aero is responsible for the distribution of the JET A-1 fuel.
The new high-quality fuel meets international aviation standards and is certified in accordance with the technical regulations of the Customs Union.