This innovative project, based on the advanced nuclear technologies, is implemented by ABEN (the Bolivian Agency for Nuclear Energy) in cooperation with GSPI (under common management with Rusatom Overseas).
Mikhail Ledenev said after the visit:
- The CNTRD project is a unique project not only for Bolivia, but also for the entire Latin America
- It is based on the advanced technologies that will make a real impact in the fight against oncological diseases
- Such centers are to improve R&D collaboration and attract scientists from all over the world helping to solve global challenges
- The Bolivian construction companies are actively involved the CNTRD construction process
- Phase 1 and 2 facilities are planned to be handed over to the Customer in autumn 2021
- The next step will be Phase 3 and 4 – construction and equipment of R&D laboratories, as well as construction of a research reactor which completion is scheduled for 2024
Rusatom Overseas within the Rosatom Group responsible for the international marketing and promotion of NPP and centers for nuclear science and technology integrated project offers.