Existing TAIF shareholders will receive a 15% stake in SIBUR Holding in exchange for the transfer of a controlling interest in TAIF’s group of petrochemical and energy companies.
The remaining stake in TAIF can be subsequently purchased by the combined company.
This combination will make the new company’s petrochemical operations more competitive in the global market, improve its resilience to market fluctuations, and also unlock further growth potential of Russia’s petrochemical industry through joint realization of capital intensive projects, and also boost chemical non-commodity exports.
The transaction will also bring new jobs and opportunities for sustainable development and environmental management.
Furthermore, the new combined company will benefit from improved resource base diversification, distribution and logistics optimisation, joint R&D development, and sharing operational best practices to maximize the efficiency of its assets.
Dmitry Konov, Chairman of the Management Board at SIBUR Holding, said:
- TAIF Group boasts an unrivall portfolio of products and technologies
- Powered further by SIBUR’s capabilities, the new combined company will be able to deliver an industry leading growth programme
- By combining our assets and professional teams, we will further boost productivity at Russia’s leading petrochemical facilities and also significantly improve the competitive position of the Russian petrochemical industry on global markets
- Through the merger of our companies, we can unleash the huge potential for further efficient development of the nation’s petrochemical industry
- The deal will help TAIF Group to substantially accelerate the key projects in its 2030 Strategic Development Programme that will see over RUB 1.5 tn of investment over the next 10 years, improve productivity at our facilities, and expand our product mix
- By 2030, we expect tax payments, including those to Tatarstan’s consolidated budget, to increase significantly – to up to RUB 50 billion per year
The new company is expected to continue with funding for TAIF’s approved capex programme and development of the group’s assets, bringing together TAIF’s business management expertise and strength in human capital to all of the combined group’s entities.