Moscow, May 2 - Neftegaz.RU. ADNOC Gas plc, a worldclass integrated gas processing company, today announced a three-year supply agreement with the French multi-energy company TotalEnergies Gas and Power Limited a subsidiary of TotalEnergies, a French multinational energy company, for the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG).
The deal underscores ADNOC Gas’ position as a global LNG export partner of choice and cements TotalEnergies as a key strategic partner for ADNOC Gas in the LNG market, representing another important milestone as ADNOC Gas expands its global reach.
Under the terms of the agreement, through its subsidiary, ADNOC Gas will supply TotalEnergies LNG, which will be delivered to various export markets around the world.
The agreement demonstrates ADNOC Gas’ ability to meet growing global demand for LNG, a critical energy transition fuel.
Value of agreement is expected to be in range of 1 billion USD to 1.2 billion USD under current market conditions
Commenting on the agreement, Ahmed Alebri, Chief Executive Officer of ADNOC Gas, said:
- our new LNG supply agreement with TotalEnergies represents another significant milestone in our strategy to expand our global reach and strengthens our position as the LNG export partner of choice for leading global energy businesses;
- this agreement reflects our commitment to meeting the needs of our customers by offering supply security, price competitiveness, and flexibility;
- we look forward to continuing our long-term strategic partnership with TotalEnergies, building on our shared commitment to sustainability and the energy transition.
TotalEnergies has a longstanding presence in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) having operated in the country for more than 80 years.
Thomas Maurisse, Senior Vice President LNG at TotalEnergies said:
- we are pleased to have signed this three-year contract with our long-standing strategic partner;
- these additional volumes will strengthen our global LNG portfolio, our ability to supply the growing Asian markets, and our ambition to accompany our customers in their energy transition.
The three-year contract is expected to commence in 2023 and will run through 2025, reinforcing both companies’ positions as key players in the global LNG market.
About ADNOC Gas
ADNOC Gas is a world-class, large-scale integrated gas processing company operating across the gas value chain, from receipt of raw gas feedstock from ADNOC through large, long-life operations for gas processing and fractionation to the sale of products to domestic and international customers.
ADNOC Gas supplies approximately 60% of the UAE’s sales gas needs and supplies end-customers in over 20 countries.
TotalEnergies is a multi-energy company that produces and markets fuels, natural gas and electricity.
Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is more affordable, more reliable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible.
Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to be a world-class player in the energy transition. TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.