The Romanian ministry said:
- Southern Gas Corridor (SGC) is of particular importance for the energy diversification of the EU
- Turkmenistan can make an important contribution to the SGC project
- We must not forget that Turkmenistan ranks 4th in the world in terms of natural gas reserves
- At present gas volumes from Azerbaijan are the main source of supplies for the project
- At the next stages the project will consider other sources of supply, such as Turkmenistan
Romania has supported the SGC project from the very beginning and is interested in being part of this transport infrastructure at its future stages of development and having access to those volumes of gas that will be transported through this infrastructure, including potential gas volumes from Turkmenistan, is specified in message.