The executive said:
- TotalEnergies will continue to ensure the supply of LNG from Russia to Europe because we are bound by long-term contracts
- As of today, the EU has no alternative but to maintain its supply of Russian gas
- Given the logistical constraints of the European gas system, there simply exist no alternatives: cutting off Russian gas would seriously disrupt Europe’s economic activity by winter 2023
Pouyanné, in comments on Linkedin, said this would be no later than the end of this year, when the last contract expires.
rather than with loud statements and insults
- I will never accept comments that cast doubt on our corporate values or on the daily efforts of our 100,000 employees worldwide
- These assets are there, I will not give them for free to [Russian President Vladimir] Putin
- Because this is what it means, leaving today
A French presidential candidate, Yannick Jadot, criticised Total recently, describing the company as an «accomplice of Putin».
The company «totally discredits France», the environmentalist politician said.
AFP has reported that Total is considering legal action against Jadot for his comments.