- Responsible Business. SIBUR intends to annually reduce LTIF [lost-time injury frequency rate] by 5% for its employees and contractors, at least double the share of women in the senior management positions, adopt the Code of Counterparty Business Ethics, and improve its compliance system, including development of the Human Rights in the Workplace programme.
- Environment. SIBUR intends to recycle at least 50% of all generated waste, reduce the specific mass of contaminants in wastewater by 40%, and cut water consumption per ton/unit by at least 5%. As part of Operation Clean Sweep, SIBUR is planning to minimise the amount of plastic pellets lost into the environment.
- Society and Partnership. As part of the 2025 goals, the company is to establish a public council under the Formula for Good Deeds programme, launch at least 3 long-term environmental projects as part of this programme, and increase the share of employees participating in volunteering and other socially important initiatives to 20%. In addition, the company aims to provide training in sustainable development for 85% of its employees and establish at least 2 international partnerships to promote sustainability.
- Sustainable Product Portfolio. The company plans to increase investments into R&D projects focusing on polymer waste recycling and use of renewable feedstock by 50%, build an effective communication system to promote sustainable development across the supply chain, and make sure that at least 40% of manufactured PET contains recycled PET granules.
- Climate Impact Mitigation. SIBUR intends to cut greenhouse gas emissions per ton/unit in Midstream and Petrochemicals segments by 5% and 15%, respectively, and increase the share of green energy in the company’s energy mix 5fold.
To read the news in Russian.