Since April 2020 PGNiG has been the sole user of the facility.
Already more than 4,000 tons of LNG have been loaded into tank trucks for delivery to customers since then.
Paweł Majewski, President of the PGNiG Management Board said:
- For PGNiG, the use of the Klaipeda station is an opportunity to expand into new markets in the small-scale LNG segment
- Our cooperation with Lithuanian partners is excellent
- We have already received 4 loads there and loaded over 250 tank trucks with with a total of over 4,000 tons of LNG
LNG intended for PGNiG was delivered to Klaipeda by the tanker Kairos.
The latest LNG shipment came from Norway.
So far, PGNiG has received 4 deliveries of LNG in Klaipeda with a volume of approx. 3,000 m3 each. Previous deliveries took place in June, August and November 2020.
Darius Šilenskis, CEO of KN, said:
- KN-operated Klaipeda LNG reloading station has reached a new level of utilization since PGNiG became a user.
- This cooperation contributes to KN‘s goal to create value for the fast growing small-scale regional LNG market.
- There is much of potential in the small-scale LNG activities on both national and regional scale, therefore we are looking forward to increasing a volume of commercial operations in a response to market demand.
- the operator of oil and LNG terminals,
- the operator of a small-scale LNG reloading station. This installation is located at the entrance to the port of Klaipeda (about 7 km from the FSRU).
PGNiG's offer was considered the most advantageous in the tender.