The LNG carrier are to be built by Korean shipyard Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) and will each be equipped:
- with 2 combined windlasses;
- with mooring winches capable of handling a 17-tonne anchor with 111 mm anchor chain,
- with a further 7 mooring winches.
Kongsberg Maritime will also supply control systems and load monitoring for the winches, with further integration to KONGSBERG automation systems available as an option.
Espen Liset, Kongsberg Maritime SVP Deck Machinery Motion Control, said:
- These Ice Class Arc7 are made to navigate winter/spring ice thickness of up to 1.8 m
- Our customised deck machinery system is designed for ease of installation and reliable operation in such harsh environments
- Selecting our stainless-steel brake drum surfaces allows consistent smooth operation
Leo Pantazopoulos SVP Sales & Regional Operations, APAC, Kongsberg Maritime noted:
- Working with NOVATEK will sharpen our competitive edge in the fast-growing, Russian-owned Arctic market, reinforcing our reputation as a reliable supplier with a provably efficient support infrastructure
- I would like to thank our teams for working so well collaboratively, and with such a dedicated sense of purpose, to bring this contract agreement to fruition